Sony WH-1000XM2 Noise Canceling Wireless Headphone
Sony has a wide lineup of headphones for multiple use cases but doesn’t have a clear naming strategy. They have some particular lineups that cover different types of headphone models which deliver an above-average sound quality, especially the pricier models. Unfortunately, Sony’s great sounding and performing headphones are commonly at a higher price than competing brands. Also, Sony struggles sometimes to get noise cancellation right, excluding the most recent WH-1000XM2 headphone.
In short, there's a few active noise canceling headphones that not only produce good sound but make the audio coming through them even better. In this article, we’ll talk about Sony WH-1000XM2 review, its prices, and specifications. So let’s get started.
Release Date and Price:
- Sony WH-1000XM2 Release Date was June 2017.
- Sony WH-1000XM2 prices in Australia AU$499
- Sony WH-1000XM2 prices in the US: $349
- Sony WH-1000XM2 prices in the UK: £330
Sony WH-1000XM2 is Sony’s flagship headphone which is feature-rich and sound like a premium pair of headphones. However, people’s standard that’s not necessarily cheap. So why exactly, is the Sony WH-1000XM2 headphone highly expensive? There’re a few reasons.
The first is that Sony has inserted lots of hardware inside these headphones as well as put four Sony WH-1000XM2 microphones inside and on the outer earcups.
The second is that plenty of software running is being required for noise cancellation, which indicates the Sony WH-1000XM2 has a processing chip inside that’s running calculations in real time.
- HEADPHONE TYPE: Closed, dynamic
- DRIVER UNIT: 40mm, dome type (CCAW Voice Coil)
- MAGNET: Neodymium
- IMPEDANCE (OHM): 46 ohms (1 kHz) (when connecting via the headphone cable with the unit turned on),14 ohms (1 kHz) (when connecting via the headphone cable with the unit turned off)
- DIAPHRAGM: Aluminum coated LCP
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 4Hz-40,000Hz
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE (HZ): 4Hz - 40,000Hz
- BATTERY CHARGE TIME: Approx. 4 hrs
- BATTERY CHARGE METHOD: USB
- BATTERY LIFE (CONTINUOUS MUSIC PLAYBACK TIME): Max. 30 hrs (NC ON),Max. 38 hrs (NC OFF)
- BATTERY LIFE (WAITING TIME): Max. 40 hrs (NC ON),Max. 200 hrs (NC OFF)
- NOISE CANCELING ON/OFF SWITCH: Yes
- AUTOMATIC AI NOISE CANCELLING: Yes
- PERSONAL NC OPTIMIZER: Yes
- ATMOSPHERIC PRESSURE OPTIMIZING: Yes
- AMBIENT SOUND MODE: Yes
- QUICK ATTENTION: Yes
- COLORS: Black and Beige
Sony WH-1000XM2 Design:
Sony WH-1000XM2 has got a lovely shape and the two colors it comes in –Black and Beige, both are stylish but quite understated. Besides, Sony WH-1000XM2 comes with beautiful and nondescript design as it has a metal bridge with a padded bottom that embraces the top of the head. Furthermore, the faux-leather earcups are cool and comfortable even you can use them for a long time. And interestingly, they can be worn without causing neck strain. There’re only two buttons on the left earcup - Power/Bluetooth. And another to cycle the noise cancellation between its three settings.
However, the overall design is noteworthy, but they're few problems such as the bridge is made of metal and the arms are made of plastic. Though it won’t cause any problem, it does feel like this is a potential weak point in the design which can be broken with ease.
Sony WH-1000XM2 Battery Life:
In terms of battery, Sony has claimed the headset has around 30 hours of battery life. While the headphone was being tested over a period of four days, and they only needed to be recharged once which makes logical sense if each day had eight hours of listening time.
As compared to the Bose QuietComfort 35, it lasts more than 10 hours when using wirelessly, and 10 hours less than the Bose while using in a wired mode. However, it’s still enough juice to get you access the Atlantic and back if you’re coming from the West Coast of the United States.
Expecting a good quality laptop is natural when it comes to buying it under $1000 in Australia. Howe...
Rumours and leaks are still circulating around suggesting a lot more about Samsung Galaxy S11 or Gal...
OnePlus 6 is an upcoming flagship smartphone by OnePlus Company, which is going to release in Q2 of...
Although it has not even been a year since Apple’s iPhone X released, rumours are already revolving...