Apple iPad (2018) Review - Everything You Should Know About
Now you don’t have to buy an iPad Pro for experiencing the delights of using an Apple Pencil. Thanks to the arrival of Apple’s iPad 2018 which isn’t the most inspiring update, though but a price cut for the Apple iPad and supports for Apple Pencil is welcome.
Apple iPad 2018 isn’t far different from its predecessor in terms of performance and hardware. It’s having an exactly the same size and weight as the 2017 model and loaded with the same 8MP and 1.2MP rear and front cameras. Also, it’s having identical storage options – you can pick between 32GB and 128GB variants.
Hunting for more details? Here’s everything we know so far i.e. release date, prices, specifications as well as Apple iPad 2018 review.
Apple iPad 2018 Specifications:
- Network Technology: GSM/CDMA/HSPA/EVDO/LTE
- Dimensions: 240 x 169.5 x 7.5 mm (9.45 x 6.67 x 0.30 in)
- Weight: 469 G
- Build: Front Glass, Aluminum Body
- Display Type: LED-backlit IPS LCD, Capacitive Touchscreen, 16M Colors
- Display Size: 9.7-inches 291.4 cm2 (~71.6% Screen-to-Body Ratio)
- Display Resolution: 1536 x 2048 Pixels 4:3 Ratio (~264 PPI Density)
- Protection: Scratch-resistant Glass, Oleophobic Coating
- Operating System: iOS 11.3
- Chipset: Apple A10 Fusion
- CPU: Quad-core 2.34 GHz (2x Hurricane + 2x Zephyr)
- GPU: PowerVR Series7XT plus (Six-Core Graphics)
- RAM: 2GB
- ROM: 32/128GB
- Rear Camera: 8MP
- Front Camera: 1.2MP
- Video: 1080p@30fps, 720p@120fps, HDR, Stereo Sound Rec.
- Camera Features: Geo-Tagging, Touch Focus, Face/Smile Detection, HDR (Photo/Panorama)
- Sensors: Fingerprint (Front-Mounted),Accelerometer, Gyro, Compass, Barometer
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Dual-Band, Hotspot
- Bluetooth: 4.2, A2DP, EDR, LE
- GPS: Yes, With A-GPS, GLONASS (Wi?Fi + Cellular Model only)
- Radio: No
- USB: 2.0, Proprietary Reversible Connector
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with Stereo speakers
- Headphone Jack: Yes. 3.5mm
- Battery: Up to 10 Hours (Multimedia)
- Colors: Silver, Gold, Space, Gray
Apple iPad 2018 Release Date:
The Apple iPad 2018 release date in Australia was March 27, 2018. They are now available for pre-orders and will ship and arrive in shops in a couple of weeks – those the weeks beginning April 2.
Apple iPad 2018 Price:
The new iPad 2018 will cost you around $329 (£139) whereas Apple iPad 2018 Prices in Australia start at $469 (32GB variant only). Most interestingly, Schools will get around 10% discount in the UK and US.
The 128GB variant begins at $429/£409/AU$599. It’s especially for those need more storage with an extra premium to pay in case you want few bytes of data fluctuating in on-the-go.
Here’s where the story starts – the Apple Pencil. It’s difficult to work out whether it’s amazingly ground-breaking device or not. Now you don’t have to worry as Apple Pencil has got you covered. Let’s not forget that you need to pay around 33% of the total price of the new iPad in order to access this key feature.
Apple iPad 2018 - Design and Display:
According to our expert’s opinion, Apple iPad 2018 is noticeably less exciting in terms of its look and its physical attributes. It comes with the same measurements and weights as before right down to the frame. Hardly amazingly, it feels the same in the hands as well, with an exquisite display and an extremely responsive touchscreen, operated either with your finger or the Apple Pencil.
As for the display, the new iPad 2018 is equipped with a 9.7-inches OLED display and the screen supports the maximum resolution of 1536 pixels by 2048 pixels with 264 PPI density. It covers most of the front of the device which seems a little old-fashioned in the face of the chassis-filling displays we’re seeing on laptops, tablets, and phones nowadays.
Apple iPad 2018 – Hardware:
Unfortunately, there’s nothing to get particularly excited about. The new iPad 2018 runs an Apple A10 Fusion processor and backed up by 32GB or 128GB storage tier as well as a choice of either a highly-priced cellular version or Wi-Fi only. As usual, you won’t be surprised to see that the storage cannot be expanded via microSD card.
New Core Apps:
Here’s something which is most interesting. Apple has updated the core apps and enabled collaboration. Further down the line, students buying Apple iPad 2018 now get 200GB of free iCloud storage which is absolutely a great upgrade from the stingy 5GB they use to get before.
The new iPad 2018 supports a new version of the numbers, pages and keynote apps for that along with an extensive support for the Apple Pencil and an entire host of education-focused software to use in the classroom and the IT management suite.
Moreover, Apple School Manager App and the new Schoolwork App enabling teachers to assign homework and track progress. Apple iPad 2018 considered to be more suitable for use in schools than ever before, even it’s tricky to test the efficiency of these apps. These new apps making easier to see how such apps can reorganize what appear to be complex processes, for example, handling more than 25 students and their changing abilities and progress.
Other than the new core apps, a software focus for all of us from today’s event was GarageBand. Apple has made it a bit kid-friendly by adding several animals’ sounds in the library, making colorful icons to show changes in vocal tone such as a robot to make a voice more robotic and plenty of other dazzling features to help children.
Apple iPad 2018 – Pros:
- It’s quite affordable even users looking for a budget-friendly iPad can have it.
- It’s powerful for the price.
- It has got elegant, high-quality apps such as School Manager App and Schoolwork App.
- The new iPad 02018 is loaded with fast A10 Fusion processor ensures the device works smoothly without any lag.
Apple iPad 2018 – Cons:
- Interestingly, you’ll get Apple Pencil, but don’t forget that it’ll cost you extra.
- It’s equipped with Thick bezels.
- You won’t find a Smart Connector which means you cannot hook up an extra keyboard.
- The new iPad is neither rugged nor waterproof and dustproof.
- Schools with get up to 10% discount, but only in the UK and US.
- It lacks the bigger, better screen and Smart Connector found on pricier iPad Pros.
There’s a lot of to fall in love with Apple’s new iPad 2018. It’s quite affordable than ever, works great with the Apple Pencil and with a more teacher-and-school-focused software offering. It has greater appeal to educators either. However, the biggest disappointment with the new iPad 2018 is that it lacks Smart Connector contact to hook up an external keyboard. Considering students do a good amount of typing which is a mysterious oversight.
Expecting a good quality laptop is natural when it comes to buying it under $1000 in Australia. Howe...
Rumours and leaks are still circulating around suggesting a lot more about Samsung Galaxy S11 or Gal...
OnePlus 6 is an upcoming flagship smartphone by OnePlus Company, which is going to release in Q2 of...
Although it has not even been a year since Apple’s iPhone X released, rumours are already revolving...