Are you using a 2018 MacBook Pro and sick of seeing spinning beach balls while working on multiple apps – how about getting your hands on Apple’s recently released MacBook Pro 2018 which comes with Touch Bar? The Apple MacBook Pro 13-inches Touch Bar indeed has the serious speed boost you’ll ever be encountered with. The Apple MacBook Pro 2018 in Australia is a subtle upgrade with exquisite and quieter keyboard, “Hey Siri” support as well as a True Tone Display for adjusting the colour temperature of the screen. It’s a bit fast but battery life falls short of the completion.
- Touch Bar with Integrated Touch ID Sensor
- Available in Silver and Space Gray
- Retina Display – 13.3-inches Diagonal LED-Backlit with IPS Technology
- The Display Resolution is 2560 x 1600 Pixels
- 2.3GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5 Turbo Boost Up to 3.8GHz Processor with 128MB eDRAM
- Onboard Storage is 512GB (Configurable to 1TB or 2TB SSD)
- 8GB of RAM (2133MHz LPDDR3 Onboard Memory)
- Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655
- Full-Size Backlit Keyboard with Ambient Light Sensor and 64 or 65 Keys including 4 Arrow Keys
- 720p FaceTime HD Camera
- Bluetooth 5.0 Wireless Technology
- Battery Power: Up to 10 Hours Wireless Web, Up to 30 Days of Standby Time
- There is Built-in 58.0-watt-Hour lithium-Polymer Battery
- Size and Weight: Height: 0.59 inch (1.49 cm), Width: 11.97 inches (30.41 cm), Depth: 8.36 inches (21.24 cm), Weight: 3.02 pounds (1.37 kg) 3
Thunderbolt Ports Only
The MacBook Pro with Touch Bar isn’t designed for those looking for a full-size port or a microSD card slot. Apple offers users 4 Thunderbolt 3 Ports on 13-inches Touch Bar MacBook Pro. Via such ports, users can easily connect up to 2 4K monitors simultaneously. Apple has also made the availability of 300 Thunderbolt 3 accessories in the market.
The MacBook Pro comes with crisp and bright 13-inches IPS display with a maximum resolution of 2560 x 1600 Pixels which more or less doesn’t look any different but with True Tone turned on, the screen is easier on the eyes. The MacBook Pro has a Retina Display which is just as good as its predecessor. Based on numerous online tests, MacBook pro covers a good 119% of the sRGB colour gamut. It sounds better as compared to Spectre 13 (111%) but Dell’s XPS 13 (130%) and MateBook X Pro (124%) scored higher.
Similar to 13-inches Display, Touch Bar above Keyboard also houses True Tone Treatment with 2170 x 60 Pixels. It’s quite handy as picking a favorite site to launch by touching an icon, using music controls in the Spotify app and scrubbing via images with your finger in the photos app.
The keyboard on MacBook Pro has also been updated with 3rd generation butterfly mechanism. Other changes Apple has made are better and crystal-clear sound speakers, Apple’s T2 Chip, taking a load off of the processor and SSD while also enabling “Hey Siri” which makes MacBook Pro the best and first Mac ever to support it.
Price and Configuration
The Apple MacBook Pro 2018 512GB Touch Bar Price in Australia goes for a whopping AU$3500-3550, bringing 8GB of RAM and other exquisite configurations. The Other Quad-core 8th-gen Core i5 Processor with 8GB of RAM and 256GB of SSD storage sets users back around 2800-2899 AUD and 128GB variant with 8th Generation Core i5 Processor caps out at AU$1825-1850.
Note: Apple does allow users to jump from a Core i5 to Core i7 CPU but in order to do so, you’ll have to pay AU$450 extra and AU$325 when it comes to doubling RAM from 8GB to 16GB and SSD Storage from 512GB to 1TB or 2TB.